Coca‑Cola HBC is leading the global beverage industry in sustainability for the third consecutive year according to Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI).
Sustainability is an integral part of our culture, visible in every aspect of our business, an important element of who we are and why we come into work every day: to bring togetherness, spread happiness and inspire a better future!
In this year’s DJSI rating, our Group achieved a total score of 90, which is 40 points higher than industry average and 3 points higher than last year.
- 33,311 employees in 2015
- 43,000 suppliers in 2015
- 87% sustainable engagement score
This is a very important achievement for our business. It identifies us as the number one company in the beverages industry, globally, for the third consecutive year in one of the most credible and widely acknowledged corporate sustainability rankings. It proves that our sustainability plan and concerted efforts to implement it are on track.
- €1.3bn spent in direct procurement in 2015
- €271m total taxes paid in 2015
In 2015, we:
- Continued to reduce our environmental footprint with a double-digit year-on-year decrease of our carbon emissions
- Further reduced the amount of water we use for producing a litre of beverage, as well as the amount of packaging materials, despite higher production and sales volume
- Invested €8.2 million – 2.3 percent of our annual pre-tax profit – in improving community wellbeing, focusing on three key areas - active lifestyle, environmental and water stewardship and youth development - in partnership with more than 230 NGO
These are only a few of the practical ways in which our company supports global action to reach the Sustainable Development Goals adopted by the United Nations.
We are very proud of what we have achieved all these years and we feel inspired and motivated to continue this journey by raising the bar even more.
- 11.7% direct carbon emissions reduction year-on-year
- 7.2% year-on-year improvement in energy use ratio
- 19.4% increase of recycled PET usage year-on-year
All together we can build a sustainable planet. Join us in this effort and incorporate small sustainability actions in your everyday life:
- Bike or use public transport
- Switch off the lights when you leave your office or home
- Save water and reuse it for your flowers or cleaning the house