Our people are the heart of our company and play a vital part in our success – they create value by growing our business responsibly and sustainably.
We want to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. We know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capability and able to realise their personal career goals, are critical for our company’s long-term success.
At the same time, we work hard to make sure that every person who works for Lanitis Bros understands their role in the business and how their individual effort makes a direct contribution to our success.
We are focused on attracting, developing, retaining and engaging talented people who will grow our business today and in the future. And we always seek to improve.
While our business has many strengths, including our diverse product portfolio, it is our talented people who drive value creation. They collaborate with our customers, connect with communities and bring smiles to the faces of the people who enjoy our drinks.
We are always looking for ways to improve how well we engage with our people in a sustainable way. High engagement leads to improved results across all our business metrics.
- 285 employees at Lanitis Bros
- 87% of our people are highly engaged which is above average for high performing companies
- 10.5 approx. number of years our employees stay with us
We contribute towards our employees’ development
- We offer excellent career opportunities
- We invest significantly in formal training and balance this with development opportunities, such as assignments and projects
- We keep our employees informed in a variety of ways, including management meetings, annual sales & marketing conferences and webinars
- We listen to their views through our annual engagement survey and develop action plans to address suggestions and concerns raised
- We offer competitive salaries by benchmarking the compensation we offer against comparable high-performing companies
- 17,137 hours spent in training
- 91% of new positions filled by internal candidates in H1 2016
We gauge their commitment
- We research our employees' commitment every year
- We communicate the results of this research to all our employees across the country and create working groups which evaluate and make recommendations for improving the issues raised
- Both local and senior management teams review the employees’ proposals and create specific action plans to implement them
We respect their rights
- Our employees and managers are trained in the implications of human rights in day-to-day business and their performance is monitored
- Our equality of opportunity policy protects against discrimination and ensures equality of opportunity and fair treatment for all.
- We respect our employees’ right to freedom of association: to join or not to join trade unions and to engage in collective bargaining
- 50% of the senior team are women
- 44% of managerial positions are held by women
We care about their health
Workplace health and safety is a major priority for us. Eliminating accidents and establishing a working environment where any risks are identified, assessed, prevented and eliminated, are our main concerns. This is confirmed by our official policy on health and safety, signed by our General Manager.
- We implement the internationally recognised safety management system OHSAS 18001 and we are working towards full certification
- All employees (whether full time or on a fixed contract) have the right to take part in medical tests (such as blood tests, chest x-ray, cardiogram)
- We develop targeted training programmes, such as our Safe and Eco Driving programme
- Our safety performance is reported in our annual Corporate Responsibility Report
We implement initiatives for their wellbeing
Through the "Be Well" program we focus on three pillars - physical, social and emotional - implementing a series of activities aimed at the stimulation, well-being and prosperity of our people. This way we aim to empower and maintain high energy and positive mood in an a constantly progressing environment. We are proud that such initiatives are perfectly in tune with our needs, since they are planned and implementes with the participation and contribution of all our teams.